Amp FreQQ can be used easily without a controller, via built in keyboard control. Whilst compatible with a large range of other controllers, we have found one that from a price and usability point, is perfect for the FreQQ. The Akai Midimix, and so, we include a guide here, as it is one of the options available in our online shop. When you first receive your Midimix controller, please follow these instructions:
Set your knobs and faders as close as to the image shown as possible. This will be the default settings and the app will synchronise to the controller easier.
You really only need to use source gains to get the maximum signal into the system and Master gain to control the overall volume. Kill faders should be used for correction and tone balance, mainly, until you become more familiar with the controls and can begin to take advantage of the programs more advanced features.
- Plug in your midimix and make sure your OS recognises it
- Run Amp FreQQ software. Then close program again.
- Download the two config files here RAR file
- Open the folder at Users/public/AmpFreQQ folder (PC) or Users/shared/AmpFreQQ (Mac)
- Place the AKMMV2MAP.ctlist.json file in the folder you opened in the above step
- Place the AKMMV2MAP.json in documents or another folder on main disk drive
- Run Amp FreQQ, click setup, load midi config and select the file you just saved in the above step, open (Now two files should be displayed in the setup window)
- Thats it , all should be assigned and you should see the LEDs light up on the kill switches